Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Because We Care-CureSearch Walk For Children's Cancer






The crowd gathered to walk and celebrate the survivors in 2011
My wife and I have been fortunate to never hear the words “your child has cancer” spoken to us about our children. Those words are devastating to a parent, family, and the community that surround a child. In the 12 years that I have been an On-Call Firefighter/EMT, I have encountered children that have had cancer and it is heartbreaking. I wished there was always more that I could do. When I founded Matt’s Family Firehouse Family Vacations LLC, my mission was not only to help people plan their vacations but also to give back to my community and support great causes. The CureSearch Walk for Children’s Cancer provides the perfect opportunity for that. I believe in the CureSearch organization because the money  goes to fund cancer research and help ward off shortages of the much needed medications children require to help defeat this disease; not going to rewards, prizes, or lavish advertising campaigns. This organization is truly about finding a cure for childhood cancers and raising the survival rate for children.

 In a day in age where large corporations are lowering the amounts of funding they allot for childhood cancer research, I have made the pledge that for every Disney Vacation Package (Disneyland, Disney World, Disney Cruise, Aulani, or Adventures by Disney), Universal Orlando Resort Package, or major cruise line Matt's Firehouse Family Vacation books between March 19th,2012 until the walk on May 19th, 2012, I will donate $10 in the name of that family(or anonymously if they prefer).

The sky was  filled with balloons and  hope in 2011
 Every day, 46 children are diagnosed with children's cancer – 7 of these children will not survive. Cancer is the leading cause of death by disease in children. Although the cure rate is now 78% – up by 40% in the last 20 years – it is not good enough. Our goal is a 100% cure rate. Children deserve the chance to grow up!


 Please make a donation or join our team for this spirit lifting event. Every dollar and every participant helps pave the way towards a cure.

Click here to make a donation or Join our team for this great event!

Thank you,
Matt
Matt’s Firehouse Family Vacations LLC



No comments:

Post a Comment